Pages

Friday, December 5, 2014

Together We Can Change the World!



This week in my Introduction to Entrepreneurship class the title of the lesson was “Change the World.” That phrase seemed rather daunting to me and I wondered what that phrase truly means and how I could change the world. I received many insights about changing the world from a lecture, “ Microlending: Toward a Poverty-Free World,” given by Muhammad Yunus at Brigham Young University. One of these insights comes from Muhammad Yunus’ teaching, “If we all dream about a better world, I can guarantee you that we will create a better world.” Those words of hope helped me to see that changing the world, does not mean ending global warming, ending poverty or solving world hunger single handedly. It really means spreading hope and making a difference by working together. As we serve those around us and spread hope for a better world, the world will be changed for good. The key in Muhammad’s words is “we.” If I decide to start my own business, I want it to be something that will truly help people to work together to change the world. Also, I can make a difference by teaching my children the importance of serving and their great potential to change the world along side others.

Each individual human being has infinite potential to be a force for good. As we serve and realize our potential to do great good, we will begin to see change in ourselves and change in those around us. Together we can change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment