In my New Business Creation class this week I learned just how important it is to value and serve customers. One of the class readings was called “Value the Customer,” which states the old business saying, “If you don’t take care of your customers, someone else will.” This is true because there are so many businesses competing for the same customer and the same sale. All businesses have competition and so if they fail to value their customer, then that customer can take their business elsewhere where a business will value them. If a business owner wants to be successful then he or she must understand that customers are their most valuable assets.
Pedi’s for Mommies started this week! My $100 Challenge business is going really well. This next week I have scheduled more than double the pedicure appointments that I gave this week, and I couldn’t be more excited!The first pedicure I gave was to my sister-in-law. She gave me lots of great feedback on what felt good and what felt not so good. I applied her feedback to the next pedicure I gave and it went wonderfully. Another piece of feedback my customers gave me was to schedule appointments over the phone instead of on Facebook. I thought having a Facebook page would make it easier for my customers to schedule appointments. However, stay-at-home moms, my target market, do not spend a lot of time on Facebook. They said that they would rather just schedule of appointments over the phone. I hope to continue receiving and applying customer feedback throughout the course of my business. Starting this small business, Pedi’s for Mommies, has been a great learning opportunity for me on my entrepreneurial journey.



No comments:
Post a Comment