One talk that I read, and
really enjoyed, for class this week was “United in Building the Kingdom of God,”
by Elder L. Tom Perry. The talk is about the importance of putting God before
the riches of the world. Those who are blessed with prosperity are more susceptible
to feelings of pride and haughtiness, which prevent them from doing the work of
the Lord. However, there are also those who are lacking in worldly goods that
become consumed with what they do not have and they blame others for their situation.
Elder Perry teaches that “the Lord condemns both the preoccupation with worldly
possessions and the lack of occupation with building His kingdom, whether it is
a consequence of having too much or too little.” God does want each of
His children to be happy and prosperous, but the key is that they love God and
not riches. My goal is to one day have a very successful and profitable
business, but I need to always put
building the Kingdom of God as my first priority.
Business at Pedi’s for Mommies was fairly slow this
week. However, I am looking forward to next week because I have six pedicures
already scheduled. Running my own business has been more enlightening than I
could have ever imagined. I have learned about the importance of vision,
marketing, and having a quality product or service with low costs. Pedi’s for Mommies has given me the
motivation to continue on my entrepreneurial path.



No comments:
Post a Comment