One of the readings that truly inspired me this week was a talk by Elder Lynn G. Robbins titled “Making a Living and a Life.” I especially love how he teaches a lesson using two main characters from one of my favorite movies, “It’s a Wonderful Life.” In this film both the protagonist, George Bailey, and the antagonist, Mr. Potter, are business owners in a small town called Bedford Falls. George Bailey (as pictured above) is a hard worker who has a love for his fellow man and a sincere desire to help families. Mr. Potter, on the other hand, is cynical and only cares for money. To me George Bailey is an example of high moral character and integrity. On my entrepreneurial journey I seek to learn from and follow the examples of other businessmen like George Bailey.
As of this week, Pedi’s for Mommies is closed for business. My $100 Challenge business lasted four weeks, with 20 man hours, and $155 in profits. I am very proud of my business and the services I was able to provide for women in my community. While running my business I learned many lessons, but I think the greatest lesson that I learned is that running a business takes hard work and passion. The next time I decide to start a business, I will remember my experience with Pedi’s for Mommies, then roll up my sleeves and work hard.



No comments:
Post a Comment