Jeffery R. Holland has always been one of my favorite
speakers and I absolutely love listening to his talks. This week in Intro to
Entrepreneurship class, I got to listen to Elder Jeffery R. Holland and Sister
Patricia Holland speak in a BYU Devotional Address, “However Long and Hard the
Road.” Their words were uplifting and comforting; I felt the Holy Spirit
witness to me that the things they were saying are true. Sister Holland teaches
that each of us has a great potential and we should take every opportunity we
can to learn in our hearts and minds and grow. Elder Holland declares, “it is
simply a truism that nothing very valuable can come without significant
sacrifice, effort, and patience on our part.” Any worthwhile endeavor, such as school,
careers, entrepreneurial ventures, marriage, or family, is often accompanied by
trial and struggle. When I feel discouraged our want to quit, I hope I will
remember the words of Elder Holland, “Hang in and hang on…don’t quit!” It will
be worth it if I persevere with my whole heart and a willing mind. This talk is filled with so many wonderful
examples of people who endured so much so that something wonderful and great
could be brought to pass; examples such as the Prophet Joseph Smith, Winston
Churchill, and the Mormon pioneers. I am so grateful for this lesson I have
been taught this week, of the importance of bearing well our trials and
struggles so we may build our lives into a great work.
Also, this week in class I was able to watch the LDS video “Good
Things To Come,” again the words of Jeffery R. Holland. That video gave me
great hope. I am so blessed to have the gospel of Jesus Christ, which gives me
the promise of good things to come. Hard times are most assuredly ahead, but so
are great blessings, and I hope to never lose sight of that. I close with this
beautiful promise from the video, “Some blessings come soon, some come late,
and some don’t come ‘til Heaven. But, for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus
Christ, they come.” I know this to be true.



No comments:
Post a Comment