Throughout this class I have gone back and forth on whether
or not I want to be an entrepreneur, in the sense of starting my own business.
I kept asking myself, “How can I start a business when I want to be a
stay-at-home mother?” My answer finally came this week while I was completing
Mentor Session #5 from the book “So You Want To Be An Entrepreneur?” I realized
that my passion of teaching and taking care of young children would be perfect
for starting my own in-home preschool! Now my entrepreneur goal is to start my
own in-home preschool business for children in my neighborhood, when my
youngest child is 4 years old (preschool age). This would allow me the
flexibility to still be a great stay-at-home mom and still follow my dream of starting
my own business and teaching. It is very exciting for me!
This week in my entrepreneur class I also really enjoyed
reading and reflecting on the talk “Loyalty,” by President Gordon B. Hinckley. President
Hinckley teaches, “be loyal to your best self.” Often I have heard before the
phrase: be true to yourself. I love how President Hinckley so wisely adds, to
your best self. Each of us has great potential and we must be
true to that, always improving and trying to be more like that self and leave
behind the filth of the world. We should strive to be our best selves rather
than settling for what we are now. It
was a wonderful talk and I encourage all to read it and reflect.




No comments:
Post a Comment