This week I have started a new entrepreneurial course at Brigham Young University – Idaho. The course is called Small Business Creation and I have a feeling I will finally get to start putting the lessons I am learning to use. In class this week I was able to watch a video about an entrepreneurial hero named Bruce Thompson. The video left me inspired by his story of perseverance and his efforts to focus on what matters most in life.
Even though Mr. Thompson had been vastly successful in his business, Hyperion energy, he knew that his money, success, and business were not what mattered most. The things that mattered most to him were his family, his faith, and the relationships he had made over the years. Bruce Thompson always made time for his family, no matter how stressful, successful, or exciting his work. He also knew the importance of doing the right thing, even if it doesn’t result in more money. According to Mr. Thompson doing the right thing “will pay enormous dividends.” Bruce Thompson was diagnosed with A.L.S. at age 51, and through that trial he learned just how important family, faith, and relationships really are. He passed away in 2009, but his legacy lives on and I am grateful for his example.
As I move forward on my entrepreneurial journey, I would like to follow Bruce Thompson’s example. Starting and running a business will be an exciting aspect of my life, but I must always put my family first. Also, I need to decide now that I will never compromise my values. If I set those priorities now, I have confidence that I will be truly happy in life.



No comments:
Post a Comment