This week
I really enjoyed the short video clip called "Loyalty to God and
Family," a lecture given by Jan Newman. I really appreciated how he said
that our families or our dedication to God should never be compromised because
of our career or other hobbies. Mr. Newman discussed how crucial it was to not
cut out time we have set aside to spend with our families, or to serve and
worship our Heavenly Father. I could not agree more. Lately, being so busy with
school I feel I often cut out time with family, or time I could be spending on
my calling in the LDS Church. I am working to manage my time better so that I
can not compromise time for my family or for God.
Also this week, our class watched a talk by Steve Blank and his remarks were titled, “The Entrepreneur and the Family.” He was asked how to balance time for family and entrepreneur endeavors, he answered that you have got to set rules. He talked about setting aside specific time for family and service and then not breaking those rules. Mr. Blank discussed how this was difficult at times and that it would be more realistic to pursue endeavors while single. This is a very important topic to me as my family is my first priority. Right now my immediate family is just my husband and I. But when we grow our family and have children I never want to compromise time with family.
Also this week, our class watched a talk by Steve Blank and his remarks were titled, “The Entrepreneur and the Family.” He was asked how to balance time for family and entrepreneur endeavors, he answered that you have got to set rules. He talked about setting aside specific time for family and service and then not breaking those rules. Mr. Blank discussed how this was difficult at times and that it would be more realistic to pursue endeavors while single. This is a very important topic to me as my family is my first priority. Right now my immediate family is just my husband and I. But when we grow our family and have children I never want to compromise time with family.




No comments:
Post a Comment