I believe that
the lessons I learned this week in class about honesty and the importance of
business ethics will prove to benefit all aspects of my life. In a talk by
Sister Sherri L. Dew, “True Blue, Through and Through,” she says that integrity
is a virtue that “is just plain smart and that will have as much impact on your
happiness, your peace of mind, and your ability to fulfill your life’s mission
as any virtue I can think of.” I believe those words to be true. As I move
ahead in my career I want to make sure my integrity is never compromised, and
that I am always trying to do what is right.
Another reading
that truly inspired me in this weeks class readings, was a talk by Elder Lynn
G. Robbins titled “Making a Living and a Life.” I especially love how he
teaches a lesson using two main characters from one of my favorite movies “It’s
a Wonderful Life.” There are hard workers like the protagonist, George Bailey (pictured above), with
a love for his fellowman and he is sincerely seeking to help families. Where as
the antagonist, Mr. Potter is cynical and only cares for money. I look to
George Bailey as an example of high moral character and integrity. I look to
other leaders in business like him, including my father, and even Jesus Christ.
I learned wonderful lessons this week.



No comments:
Post a Comment