Friday, October 10, 2014
Life's Measuring Stick
I absolutely loved the readings this week on how we can live a good life as well as how we should measure our success. I especially appreciated the reading "How Will You Measure Your Life?" by professor Clay M. Christensen. He introduces 3 questions that we should ask ourselves...
1. How can I be sure that I'll be happy in my career?
2. How can I be sure that my relationships with my spouse and my family become an enduring source of happiness?
3. How can I be sure to stay out of jail?
All three of these questions caused me to reflect on what I do to be sure of these 3 things. One point that professor Christensen makes is that we need to allocate our resources, or our time, energy, and talents to what matters most. My goal is to allocate the majority of my resources to my family, for I know that will help me to build genuine relationships with them and have an enduring source of happiness. Then I will allocate time to building my career; a Human Resources director, a secretary, a teacher, or a mother, or whatever it may be at the time. With the enduring source of happiness from my familial relationships, I will have more strength to give and be happier in my career. As to the last question, I have to say I had never really given it much thought before. But professor Christensen teaches that we must live a life of integrity and hold our principles 100% of the time. It is true, integrity will protect us from getting into trouble. The last point professor Clay Christensen makes is that God measures us by the individual people whose lives we've touched. My goal to from here on out measure my progress by those whom I serve and influence for good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment